The MEXICO Report Turns Two!
We are happy to report that on June 22, 2011 we will celebrate our ‘2nd Anniversary’ of reporting the good news about Mexico! (I’ve been writing about Mexico for more than 10 years now, but the last two years have been specifically through The MEXICO Report.)
Not only have we been busy posting our own stories and experiences about Mexico, but we’ve also been finding and sharing as much good news about Mexico as possible via the website, social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, StumbleUpon) and by word of mouth. We’ve also created another way for all of us to share our positive stories about Mexico (see below.)
Here are some changes that have been taking place with The MEXICO Report:
New Website! We have a brand new website and very excited about it. It’s basically the same format as before but with more functionality such as:
- Translator – We’ve gone global and added a translator that can adapt to 58 different languages! This means The MEXICO Report can now be read in your native tongue. You can read the good news in Spanish as well as in German, Hebrew, Slovak, Chinese, Hungarian and more. Go ahead, try it!
- Social Media icons- Please find us on Facebook, Twitter (@themexicoreport), LinkedIn, YouTube, StumbleUpon and more.
- Category Bar – not only do we have a new partial category bar on top, we also have a drop down listing all the categories such as travel, adventure, environment, hotels and more. So whatever you want to know about Mexico, you will be able to find it (and also through our search bar located on the sidebar.)
- Advertising – Opportunities for showcasing your Mexico business are here! I’m very excited about it because there have been so many inquiries. There are two sizes available, 125 x 125 and a top banner (468 x 60). Please see the sponsor tab for prices and availability. Special thanks to LocoGringo.com for being our very first advertiser on the new site!
- Blog Subscriptions – If you were a blog subscriber to the old site, and you would like to keep receiving email notifications regarding the latest post, please either subscribe via RSS feed (feedburner) or click on ‘Subscribe to Posts via Email’ on the homepage, right hand sidebar, so you don’t miss a post. (If you were a blog subscriber before, unfortunately your email doesn’t transfer to the new one). Also we have a monthly e-newsletter that you can sign up for as well. Whatever format you prefer, we’ve got it!
- New Facebook Page – We have a new Facebook Page to share the good news about Mexico– which is replacing the old ‘group’. If you were a member of the group, please ‘like’ the new page as I will not be posting on the group anymore and it will become obsolete. You can also subscribe to the Facebook page RSS feed as well.
- Mexico Travel Writers – Brand New! The MEXICO Report is pleased to present a new site uniting travel writers, bloggers, photographers who write and document positive stories about Mexico. I’m especially excited about this because it’s another way we can share all of our good experiences as travelers, expats, residents, etc. Please see the Mexico Travel Writers tab on The MEXICO Report website. Mexico Travel Writers is also on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Latest posts from The MEXICO Report:
- Travel + Leisure Names Best New All-Inclusive Resorts in Mexico
- DFW Celebrates New American Eagle Service to Mazatlan and Morelia, Mexico
- Cobá Partners with Non-Profit to Bring Positive Change to Young Latinas
- Mexico’s Meeting and Conventions Industry Growing as Tourism Surges
- Quick Facts on Mexico Stats – Good News
We have been hard at work and will continue to always provide you with helpful, useful, positive news reports about Mexico. Thank you for being part of The MEXICO Report and for all of your support!
Editor, The MEXICO Report