Category: Community

The Mother Teresa of Mexico: Meet Ora Anekananda Hernandez, One of the 2013 Real Heroes of Mexico

The Mexico Report’s Real Heroes of Mexico: Meet Ora Anekananda Hernandez Interlomas, Mexico City “Since I lived in Mexico for the past 31/2 years,I have met many people. However, the most amazing and inspiring person I have met was Ora…

Image & Style Magazine Features The Mexico Report’s “Real Heroes of Mexico” Program

Image & Style Magazine featured The Mexico Report’s grassroots community project, “The Real Heroes of Mexico” in a recent issue.  Started in 2012, this program has blossomed into a thriving annual event where anyone can nominate a person who is…

The Real Heroes of Mexico: Meet Tricia Pohlman

The Mexico Report presents a hero-a-day in the month of December.  A year in review, meet one of the 2013 Real Heroes of Mexico, Tricia Pohlman. Mexico City, Mexico “For far too long Mexico has received one-sided news coverage painting…

2014 International Women’s Conference, We Move Forward, Set for March 7-9 in Isla Mujeres

We Move Forward 2014, the third Annual International Women’s Conference has been set for March 7-9, 2014 in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. The 3-day event celebrates women through workshops, speakers, yoga, dance and more, focusing on body, mind and soul. This year,…

Real Heroes of Mexico: Meet Jose Carlos Leon Vargas and Aurelia Annino of Oaxaca

Showcasing a hero-a-day from The Mexico Report’s 2013 Real Heroes of Mexico: Website: http://www.si-kanda.org “Jose Carlos and Aurelia started Sikanda in 2009 and have been working 24/7 to transform the lives of the city’s trash pickers, building eco houses, capacitating…

The Real Heroes of Mexico: Meet Pete Noll

The Mexico Report presents The 2013 Real Heroes of Mexico: Meet Pete Noll Oaxaca, Oaxaca Website: http://www.puentemexico.org/peterunspittsburgh2013.php  “Pete Noll’s involvement in Latin American began as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala from 1998-2000, from there he went on to work…