Mexico Today is an initiative of Marca País – Imagen de México, a joint public and private sector initiative designed to help promote Mexico as a global business partner and an unrivaled tourist destination. This program is designed to shine a light on the Mexico that its people experience every day.
Join us on Friday, September 16 from 10am-11am PST (1pm-2pm pm Eastern). The topic will be celebrating ‘Mexican Independence Day‘. Look for the #MexicoToday hashtag. There will be some fun conversation about ways to celebrate Mexico’s Independence such as:
– Favorite way to celebrate Mexico’s independence
– How the ‘grito’ came about
– What kind of celebrations will take place where you live
– Ideal locations in Mexico to celebrate
– Favorite pictures of past celebrations
– Upcoming special announcements and more
New to online Twitter parties?
No problem, it’s easy. It wasn’t too long ago that I participated in my first online Twitter party. Here’s what you do:
– RSVP for the event on Facebook and include your Twitter handle (if you’re not on Facebook, you can just be sure to follow the hosts below as we will be sending out the topic discussions.
– Watch for the topic discussions – you will see Q1: (meaning Question 1) and the topic and you can respond by including A1: (Answer 1) followed by the hashtag #MexicoToday, and so forth
Be sure to follow the hosts from Mexico Today:
Ana Flores, @spanglishbaby
Silvia Martinez, @mamalatina
Lisa Colemen, @mexicopremiere
Susie Albin-Najera, @themexicoreport
Mexico Today, @MexicoToday
Plus special guests:
Kety Esquivel, @ketye
Edison Lee, @edisonlee
Here is a helpful link to all of the Mexico Today ambassadors.
#MexicoToday Twitter Fiesta!
- Theme: Celebrating Mexican Independence Day
- When: Friday, September 16
- Time: 10-11am PST/ 1-2am EST
- Where: On Twitter with the Hashtag #MexicoToday. Follow on http://tweetchat.com/room/mexicotoday
ALL are invited, so please invite your friends, co-workers, neighbors, sisters, brothers, cousins, Twitter-mates from the Twitterverse, Facebook friends, LinkedIn contacts, etc and join in on the celebration!
To RSVP and see more up to date action on the event, please see our Facebook invite here. Please include your Twitter handle, so we can follow you too!