The MEXICO Report
Ceiba del Mar Beach and Spa Resort to Offer “Living Beyond Cancer” Wellness Retreat
Innovative spa retreat to be held April 18-22 at luxury oceanfront Riviera Maya resort will help renew body and mind and offer a fresh start after the trauma of cancer and its treatment
Puerto Morelos, Mexico — Ceiba del Mar Beach and Spa Resort, located on a sparkling stretch of Riviera Maya oceanfront, will host an innovative “Living Beyond Cancer” retreat April 18-22, 2011. The retreat will featuring cutting-edge wellness practitioners, nourishing culinary delights, and an unlimited menu of cleansing, restorative spa treatments aimed at rejuvenation after the trauma of cancer and its necessarily harsh cures.
“This is the cure after the cure. You did the hard work, this is the reward and the path to enjoying life again! Our goal is to use the facilities, the doctors, and the practitioners to refresh your traumatized body, fearful mind and depleted spirit. All of this done in the serene environment of glistening ocean, peaceful beach and the luxurious spa.” said Brooke Cunningham, an organizer of the retreat and author of a forthcoming book on this subject. “Participants will learn how to eat for health, be detoxed and pampered to restore chemistry and balance within their bodies, and to unwind from the spiritual tension they have been living with.”
Abundant natural beauty—ivory-white sands, radiant sun, brilliantly blue Caribbean seas, and breezy palms—surround boutique Ceiba del Mar. You will enjoy the calming sanctuary of one of the resort’s 88 sublime, sea-facing guest residences, each featuring expansive views, local wood accents and handcrafted furnishings. Privately secluded, but with easy access to all the luxurious amenities Ceiba del Mar has to offer, this is the perfect place to focus your energies on taking those first steps on the path back to a healthy, optimistic life.
The retreat will feature speakers including Dr. Michael Reilly, M.D., a holistic physician, whose popular Chicago area practice emphasizes natural means to balanced physical, mental, and emotional health; Reilly’s certified nutritionist, Donna Ichikawa, C.N., who works with patients to achieve optimum nutrition and a healthy lifestyle; and Marge Dethloff, DC, a licensed chiropractor who specializes in post-cancer treatment and pain and stress management.
The retreat will also include group sessions on topics such as healing herbs and activities including Vinyasa yoga classes, meditation for healing and stress relief and a labyrinth walk — as well as unlimited treatments at the SPA at Ceiba del Mar, featuring:
• Reiki — This ancient technique utilizing light touch energy treatment promotes an open connection to the universal life force and opens blocked energy paths to promote health, relaxation and a sense of well-being.
• Top’nikte (“Cocoon” in Mayan) Massage – A relaxing massage followed by a cocoon-type body wrap incorporating aromatic herbs to help the body to eliminate toxins while absorbing the benefits of the botanicals, includes a soothing scalp treatment.
• Herbal Muk pol Scalp Treatment –This tension taming treatment uses a blend of nourishing oils and a specific lymphatic massage to promote health and detoxification. Muk pol means “strong head” in Mayan.
• Temazcal – Taking place directly on the beach at sunset in a terracotta hut, this indigenous Mayan ancestral cleansing ritual incorporates hot volcanic rocks, aromatic herbs and water to purify and renew body, mind and spirit.
• Mayan Thai Facial – A vegetable masque resurfaces the skin while a deep facial massage stimulates the meridians, and a nutritive massage rejuvenates using hot steamed compresses infused with grains and herbs. A cold aloe veil seals in the restorative power of this signature facial.
• Grounding Massage- Combining Mexican ancestral ceremony and soothing massage, this treatment begins with a traditional “Limpia” ritual to release bad energies from the body using copal, eggs, lemons, bacil and rude. Honey cream and Mayan herbs nourish the skin, while chakra and energy balancing complete this treatment to promote a sense of inner peace and joy.
• Energetic Evaluation with Flower Remedy Therapy – Promote emotional health and well being with this energetic evaluation that includes an accupoint reading and the balancing of 10 meridians through the use of special flower remedies and an informative printed report.
• Purification Facial – Pure essential oils blended with a rich volcanic clay masque exfoliates and purifies puffy, tired skin, while relaxing massage releases tension in the shoulders, neck and scalp.
The retreat also includes four nights’ luxury accommodation; all meals and beverages by the glass served in Ceiba’s restaurants and bars; use of land and sea sports equipment, including bicycles and tennis courts, kayaks and snorkel equipment; access to the fitness center and its hydrotherapy circuit, humid areas and fully equipped gym; wireless high-speed Internet; airport transfers; a special welcome gift, and all taxes and gratuities. Adventures for an additional fee include: spelunking (cave diving); journey to ancient Mayan ruins; zip lining through the jungle; scuba diving (from the dive shop at Ceiba del Mar), and golf outings.
Ceiba del Mar is an oceanfront boutique property in the Riviera Maya district of Mexico. Situated on half-mile of a private, white-sand beach, the resort offers 88 deluxe Ocean-View suites, seven of which are penthouses; two restaurants; a swimming pool; the Spa at Ceiba del Mar with gym, and indoor/outdoor event space. The resort is located just 20 minutes from the Cancun airport and a short distance from Riviera Maya’s most popular sites, including the world-famous Mayan ruins at Tulum.
For more information, visit http://www.ceibadelmar.com, or call 1-800-490-0483.