Approximately one hour south of the United States border at San Ysidro, Ensenada is an ideal destination for wine tasting, fresh seafood and whale watching to name just a few. The third largest city in Baja California, Ensenada is a great place to get away for the weekend with a plentiful selection of hotels, bed and breakfasts and spas. Here are a few things to do in Ensenada and surrounding area if your plans include this destination in the near future.
16 Cool Things to Do in Ensenada
- Visit “La Bufadora” the only marine geyser in North America
- Travel the wine route, where 90 % of Mexico’s wine is produced
- Experience grey whale sightings in Ensenada
- Visit the seafood market, one of the largest in the country
- Taste the traditional Ensenada fish tacos
- Visit the Rivera Center of the Pacific, former Casino of the 1930s’s
- Visit the sand dunes
- Partake in Vendimia the last two weeks of August
- Explore in the canopy tour in the “Las Cañadas”
- Eat shellfish or clams cocktail in any street cart
- If you are a first-time visitor, stop by historic Hussongs for an ice cold beer
- Savor french pastries at the oldest French restaurant in Mexico, “Rey Sol”
- Visit the only Cheese Cava in Mexico in the town of Real Castillo in Ensenada
- Take a stroll in Ensenada Bay on a tour barge to see dolphins and sea lions
- Surf or windsurf on San Miguel’s black sand beaches
- Visit state-of-the-art wine museum in Valle de Guadalupe
Have you visited Ensenada? If so, what are some of your favorite things to do?
List courtesy of Discover Baja California website.