Karisma Hotels & Resorts, an award-winning luxury hotel collection has announced its line-up of world-class chefs and winemakers for the fifth annual Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma. The series delivers the ultimate Gourmet Inclusive® vacation experience, featuring exceptional service, culinary delights, top chefs from around the world, and wines by Jackson Family Wines. The 2017 roster includes celebrated culinary talents such as Top Chef alums C.J. Jacobson, Neal Fraser and Brooke Williamson; James Beard Award 2016 Best Chef in the Northeast, Zak Pelaccio; Food & Wine’s 2013 Best New Chef, Jamie Malone; and seven other prominent chefs from around the globe.
The Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma is a partnership between Jackson Family Wines and select Karisma Hotels & Resorts properties in Mexico’s Riviera Maya, including the adults-only El Dorado Spa Resorts, by Karisma, and the family-friendly Azul Hotels by Karisma. The program takes place the first week of every month throughout 2017, spotlighting distinguished chefs, restaurateurs, winemakers and sommeliers. Guests are afforded hands-on epicurean experiences, vertical tastings, education classes, cooking courses, special pairings, elaborate meals and events, and an exclusive Guest Chef and Winemaster’s Dinner.
For the 2017 series, Karisma Hotels & Resorts welcomes 12 top chefs and noted wine personalities, including:
- January – C.J. Jacobson, Top Chef alum and Chef/Partner at Ēma in Chicago; with Evan Field, Region Manager, Jackson Family Wines
- February – Donnie Masterton, Chef/Owner at The Restaurant San Miguel Allende; with Jose Tenorio, Estate Host, Jackson Family Wines
- March – E. Michael Reidt, Miami-based Restaurant Consultant; with Mina Belhaj-Rouas, Imports Specialist, Southeast, Jackson Family Wines
- April – Jamie Malone, Food & Wine 2013 Best New Chef, Chef at Grand Café in Minneapolis; with Matt Mitchell, DVP, Jackson Family Wines
- May – Jason Dady, Chef/Owner of Jason Dady Restaurants in San Antonio, TX; with Jeff Bishop, Regional Manager, Jackson Family Wines
- June – Justin Wangler, Executive Chef at Jackson Family Wines; with Irby Wood, Regional Manager, Jackson Family Wines
- July – Neal Fraser, Top Chef Masters alum and Chef/Owner at Redbird Los Angeles; with Todd Jankowski, Mid-Atlantic Region Manager, Jackson Family wines
- August – Brooke Williamson, Top Chef alum and Co-Chef/Co-Owner at Hudson House, Playa Provisions, The Tripel and Da Kikokiko in Los Angeles; with Mel Lamb, Region Manager, Jackson Family Wines
- September – David Santos, Chef at Um Segredo Supper Club in New York City; with Lynne Clarke, Director, National Accounts, Jackson Family Wines
- October – Will Gilson, Chef at Puritan & Company in Cambridge, Mass.; with Michael Jordan, Master Sommelier, Jackson Family Wines
- November – Benjamin Murray, Chef De Cuisine at Pao by Paul Qui in Miami; with Meagan Reister, National Accounts Director, Jackson Family Wines
- December – Zak Pelaccio, James Beard Award Winner for 2016 Best Chef: Northeast and Chef/Owner at Fish & Game in Hudson Valley, NYC; with Kristen Souliotis, National Accounts Director, Jackson Family Wines
“In celebration of our fifth year, we are proud and delighted to unveil our most esteemed lineup yet for the 2017 Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma,” said Jeroen Hanlo, Vice President of Food & Beverage for Karisma Hotels & Resorts. “With such acclaimed culinary personalities and Jackson Family Wines’ experts, the level of talent, epicurean delights, and overall experience afforded by the series will be unparalleled and not to be missed by foodies and oenophiles.”
In addition to the Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, by Karisma, the prolific partnership between Karisma Hotels & Resorts and Jackson Family Wines will expand in January 2017 with the opening of Club82, Jackson Family Wines’ first international tasting room at Azul Fives Hotel by Karisma. Club82 will bring an elevated level of wine and culinary experiences, including the largest selection of wines in the region. Guests will enjoy daily wine tastings, monthly events with guest sommeliers and winemakers, and wine varietals from around the world, complete with Karisma’s award-winning Gourmet Inclusive® Experience.