Executive Chef Michel Mustiere from AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Riviera Maya has created a new menu item specifically for Thanksgiving this year, Turkey con Mole. Guests staying at the resort will have the opportunity to enjoy Thanksgiving this year with a Mexican twist.
The Turkey con Mole will be served at the resort’s Azul Restaurant and is included in the all-inclusive price. For those not staying at the resort, reservations can be made directly with Grand Velas Riviera Maya.
If your Thanksgiving plans don’t include a visit to Grand Velas Riviera Maya, the chef has generously offered the recipe below.
Turkey con Mole Sauce (Serving Size: 4)
1.25 lbs Turkey Breast
¼ C vegetable oil
1¼ C mole paste
¾ C chicken broth
¼ C nopal, peeled and cubed
¼ C tomato, seeded and cut
¼ C onion, diced
2 T coriander leaves, finely diced
½ C lemon juice
1 large avocado
2 ½ T lemon Juice
• Cut the turkey breast into 4 pieces and season with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, add oil over medium-high heat and brown both sides. Remove from pan and finish cooking on a baking sheet at 350 ° F for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
• In a pan over medium heat add the mole paste. Add the chicken broth slowly, bringing to a boil and then simmering until you’ve achieved a thick consistency. Set aside.
• Combine the nopal, onion, tomato and coriander in a bowl, add ¼ C lemon juice and season.
• Blend the pulp of an avocado with remaining lemon juice and season.
• Plate some sliced turkey over a layer of mole and dress with some drops of mashed avocado and pico de gallo.