Got Mexico? Reasons Why I Keep Visiting

Within the last 10 months, I took hundreds of photos while visiting Mexico. These are just a few of my favorites, captioned with how I see Mexico and why I keep returning.

Natural

Scenic

Peaceful

Hopeful

Humble, human, hopeful.

11 comments for “Got Mexico? Reasons Why I Keep Visiting

1. 2011-07-08 at 6:51 pm

LOVE the pictures too. Mayapan is one of our favorite sites around. Understated yet beautiful. No ball court but pyramids you can still climb and beautiful vistas. Every time we visit we have a hard time noticing anyone else visiting along with us. Like out own little archaeological adventure. Did you stop by the cenotes of Cuzama while you were there? We look forward to more great posts. We are following all the Mexico Today folks happily!

• Susie Albin-Najera
      2011-07-10 at 11:14 pm

Thanks so much for the comments! We did actually stop by those cenotes – here is the post on that: http://wp.me/p1AKEv-Dk. Thanks for your support and please keep us posted on your news and articles so we can share the Mexico love!

2. 2011-06-08 at 7:50 am

PS.. those corn tortillas look wonderful.. I can “imagine” how good they are as they look like the kind my suegra makes … =-D

3. June
    2011-06-08 at 7:48 am

Great pics… they brought a smile to my face! Where is the pyramid located and what a beautiful lil boy under “beautiful” =-D

• Susie Albin-Najera
      2011-06-08 at 10:59 am

Hi there,

Thanks for the nice comments on the photos. The pyramid is Mayapan and it’s located close to Merida, Yucatan. Thanks for reading!

4. 2011-06-07 at 1:09 pm

Great photos! There are so many wonderful reasons to visit Mexico and even a few reasons to stay!

5. 2011-06-07 at 11:02 am

Gorgeous post!! I love Mexico for all these same reasons and more! Your pictures show your understanding of this magical place and really help illustrate Mexico’s joy and beauty!

6. 2011-06-07 at 10:22 am

Just gorgeous, Susie. Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful images of our beloved Mexico. The world needs to see a more complete picture of life in Mexico, and you have provided that. Gracias!

• Susie Albin-Najera
      2011-06-08 at 11:01 am

You’re so welcome Betsy! Part of the beauty we want others to see. When is your next trip? Cheers, Susie

7. 2011-06-07 at 6:58 am

Love these, love Mexico! Thanks for sharing!

• Susie Albin-Najera
      2011-06-08 at 11:01 am

Thanks Katherine! Looking forward to seeing your pictures of SMA soon as you embark on your new journey!